Thursday, August 5, 2010

Here's a Post: Three Really Uplifting Songs




Whatever. Today is a happy day, the reason being my birthday. For that occasion alone, I've wanted to do a post I've been wanting to do for a little while, to talk about a few songs which have the ability to really cheer someone up, or to feel motivated, or something. Like the title says, uplifting. This is going to be a laid back article, and I probably won't be putting up any links that don't go to Youtube. Just kick back and enjoy (After the bump)


I've referenced this song a bit in my review for this rap quintets latest album The Pursuit of Nappyness. This was a single from the band back in 2008, and it helped give this group a tiny bit of notability lost after their debut album. Honestly, this song helped inspire my initial want to review this album. The entire point of this song was to uplift, and the piano advances such feelings farther than any synthesized beat could. 





Damn, I love this band. That said, I would put this song on the list even if I didn't have a major bias for the band, as it actually is very uplifting.


Alright, if you are a really over-masculine dude, you might hate this song. It sounds like High School Musical's nonconformist cousin. Still, it does a damn good job at making the list. It doesn't have a reason to be uplifting like the other songs, this is just naturally a happy-yet-catchy song. Find it on their self-titled album.

I have more, but I'm going to be kind of busy today, so maybe I can make a small links section below here.

1 comment:

  1. the counting crows makes me feel like i'm 7 again.

    ReplyDelete